Spirit Beast Evolution is a choice that is offered to Spirit Beast who has reached the age of 100,000 years.
At the age of 100,000 years Spirit Beasts are offered two paths to travel on:
To continue cultivation as a Spirit Beast retaining their abilities and appearance and live for another few thousand years.
To become human and start cultivating anew to reach the 100th rank to have eternal life.
Only 1 out of 10 Spirit Beasts who have reached the age of 100,000 years would choose this path.
Following are the changes that occur to Spirit Beasts who choose to become humans.
- The Spirit Beast must start cultivating anew.
The change from Spirit Beast to human is irreversible and the Spirit Beast cannot revert back to the beast form.
- Their previous abilities will disappear.
- Their cultivation speed is much faster than that of humans.
- They must be in contact with humans in order for the smooth progress of the cultivation.
They have the ability to materialize Spirit Rings up to the 6th Spirit Ring at each bottleneck.
During the process of cultivation, their lifespan will be the same as that of humans and if unable to reach the 100th rank by the time of completion of the human lifespan, they will die.
Spirit Beasts who have become humans are categorized into three phases.
The Spirit Beasts in this phases are those who are under the rank of 60; Spirit Emperor.
During this phase Spirit Douluo can distinguish them as Spirit Beasts upon close observation and Title Douluo are able to recognize them even more easily.
The Spirit Beasts in this phases are those who are of and over the rank of 60; Spirit Emperor.
At this phase even Title Douluo are unable to distinguish them as Spirit Beasts.
Thus Spirit Beasts who have become Spirit Emperors can be truly said to have become human.
- This is the final phase that Spirit Beasts reach upon becoming human.
- Spirit Beasts reach this phase after they reach the rank of 90; Title Douluo.
- From here on they try to breakthrough rank 100 and obtain undying eternity