|Soul Land II | Soul Land III | Soul Land IV|
— Essence of Tang Sect
Original Tang Sect
The original Tang Sect is from Tang San's past life at Hell's Peak. It is divided into the Inner Sect and the Outer Sect. The Inner Sect members are able to learn all of the secrets of Tang Sect, which has existed for centuries and has centuries of knowledge accumulated.
Tang Sect has many secrets and techniques. Their Hidden Weapons are designed and constructed in a way that no outsider can mimic. Even a Tang Sect disciple must learn them arduously for several years before becoming proficient in their use.
The greatest difference between Inner and Outer Tang Sect was the usage methods of hidden weapons. Outer sect gave priority to mechanisms, and for inner sect, the standard was genuine technique. Poison use was likewise an Outer sect talent, while in the inner sect, hidden weapons were handed down in a direct line from master to disciple and very few employed poison, since they were basically not needed.
By the time Tang San became an outer disciple of the Sect, it was a shadow of its former glory. Outer disciples are not allowed to learn the secret techniques of the sect, while the inner disciples can barely learn them. Bulling was common within the sect.
It was said by Grandmaster Tang Lan that he feared that the Tang Sect will soon decline and cease to exist. That is why he entrusted Tang San with the core secrets of the sect hoping he may one day revive the sect.
The Sect deploys a Sky Barrier in order to protect their sect. The Clear Sky Clan has a similar barrier.
In Tang Sect inner sect’s practice regimen, the requirements regarding eyesight and hand strength were extremely high. Purple Demon Eye and Mysterious Jade Hand were the required course for inner Tang sect disciples.
The Outer Sect focuses on making and using mechincal hidden weapons.
General Principles (Mysterious Heaven Treasure Record)
First Point: Never let a person you cannot completely trust know how much strength you really possess. 
Second Point: What are hidden weapons: employed surreptitiously, a special martial weapon to vanquish the enemy and obtain victory. If the enemy knows you want to use it, like that, it is no longer a hidden weapon, rather an overt weapon.
Third Point: Determine whether the opponent is an enemy. If they are, then aim to kill. If not then show mercy, otherwise you shall only increase your worries.
The Tang Sect was founded by Tang San just before he left with the Shrek Seven Monsters and Bai Chenxiang to train on Sea God Island. It was in Heaven Dou City in Heaven Dou Empire on the Douluo Continent.
The Tang Sect contains areas of great importance:
- Sect Manor
- Martial Hall
- Hall Master: Ma Hongjun
- Financial and Logistics Hall
- Strength Hall
- Hall Master: Tai Tan
- Defense Hall
- Hall Master: Niu Gao
- Medicine Hall
- Hall Master: Yang Wudi
- Speed Hall
- Hall Master: Bai He
- Sect Master
- Vice Sect Masters
- Chief Elder
- Hall Masters
The most superior position in Tang Sect is the Sect Master. The Sect Master holds a great deal of power in the Tang Sect.
In Tang Sect, the Procedure Hall is where all discussion and decisions are made. It's made up of ten people. The people in Procedure Hall are the Sect Master, Vice Sect Master, Chief Elder, Elders, and Hall Masters. They discuss and make all major decisions in the sect through voting. Each person in the Procedure Hall has one vote each. However, the Sect Master possesses a veto power, and an extra vote.
Tang Sect Techniques (Mysterious Heaven Treasure Record)
The treasure record contains the six main skills or techniques of the Tang Sect that are only available to those in the inner sect. Tang San was given the record by Grandmaster Tang Lan. The first five were basics.
This is a inner strength internal technique for training internal Qi. This allows a person to resist extreme pressure, poison and helps with recovering from injuries. It is also the foundation of all Tang Sect's techniques. There are nine tiers, similar to spirit ranks.
Big Protective Dipper Qi
This is a skill that is manifested after breaking through the Sixth Tier of Mysterious Heaven Skill, which allows a person to manifest internal strength externally.
The Purple Demon Eye is a vision cultivation technique that is divided into 4 stages. It’s a method to cultivate the eyes’ strength while also increasing spiritual power using the purple qi from the east raising sun. It can also be used to temporary confuse or stun an opponent. In the original Tang Sect, most of the members only managed to reach the Detailed Realm and did not bother continue cultivating. In legend, Tang sect had an elder whose Purple Demon Eye reached the Mustard seed boundary.
- In the Survey realm, a person should be able to substantially improve vision power and clearly grasp detail.
- The Detailed realm improves the vision even further and grants a mental state where everything slows down, allowing someone to react in the shortest possible time.
- Also able to see Spirit Masters’ amount of spirit power, provided the spirit power of the target is lower than the user's own.
- After reaching Detailed, Purple Demon Eye’s cultivation became extremely slow.
- Mustard Seed
- The 3rd stage, Mustard Seed enables a person to survey the surroundings, including noticing very minute details, such as the wings of a fly.
- The Mustard Seed realm allows a person to shock or confuse an enemy who is in a vulnerable state. It also allows someone to break through illusions.
- This realm also allows the user to attack the mental state of their opponent.
- The Boundless realm, rather than enhancing eyesight, unlocks the mind's eye instead, allowing a person to perceive their surroundings to extreme distances.
- Practitioners at this stage are capable of spirit communication, allowing them to communicate with other people at vast distances.
Mysterious Jade Hands
A hand skill practice technique that causes the palm of the hand to become extremely tough and tensile. Moreover, it can obstruct any poison. This changes the color and texture of the skin to that of milky green jade, hence the name.
Controlling Crane Catching Dragon
It is a capturing technique. It can improve a person's coordination and strength. It is also an extraordinarily potent grappling technique which has diabolical muscle splitting bone displacing techniques. This technique, when combined with spirit power, can also manipulate objects at a distance.
This is a foot and balance technique or light body technique which allows a person to move with extreme speed and traverse difficult terrains, as well as dodge attacks fast enough to leave behind after images.
This ability is more of a technique which allows a person to run on water and walls and jump across buildings.
Hidden Weapon Hundred Separation
Hidden weapon use technique for controlling and using different kinds of weapons efficiently, secretly, dexterously, and precisely.
Sky Filling Flower Rain (漫天花雨)
A hidden weapon hundred separtion technique involving the use of many small scale hidden weapons. Hidden weapons are constantly thrown at the target in different flying routes at specific locations on the target's body while the user is constantly on the move.
Swallows Parting Flight
This is a Hidden Weapon Hundred Separation technique which allows the change of trajectory of thrown weapons in mid-air.
Four Liang Deflecting A Thousand Jin
This is an ability that is used to deflect any oncoming weapon, creating openings to retaliate.
Sound location tracking
A skill in part of the path of learning hidden weapons effectively. Uses sound and vibration to detect and attack with hidden weapons.
Hidden Weapons (Mechanical)
The feature of peak mechanical hidden weapons was to let someone who had never used or even seen hidden weapons before use it to exterminate apex powers. Depending on which weapon is used, it can kill a spirit master of almost any rank. In order to make good hidden weapons, the most basic requirements were a combination of eyesight, hand strength, and effort. That’s what is called ‘heart to eye, eye to hand’.
- The 1st ranked among Tang Sect's mechanical hidden weapons. A speck of red light like a shooting star can be seen as the weapon is launched towards the enemy. A golden red tornado forms upon explosion, enveloping all enemies in the area, tearing them to shreds.
- Able to kill rank 70 Spirit Sages in their spirit avatar form.
- The 2nd ranked mechanical hidden weapon of Tang Sect. The famous master blacksmith Lou Gao sacrificed his life by throwing himself into the fire during the smithing process, using human blood to invoke the spirit of the Deep Sea Sunken Silver, and thus perfecting this weapon.
Peacock Plume (#3)
- The 3rd ranked among Tang Sect's mechanical hidden weapons. When this hidden weapon is fired, it's like a peacock spreading its tail, gloriously brilliant, but when the opponents are dazzled, 365 hidden weapons will be fired covering an area of several dozen square meters.
- Thrown in pairs. Once the two balls collide, they will immediately emit several hundred Bone Changing Soul Needles, especially for breaking big dipper defensive qi. It has a potent anesthetic effect, and as long as someone inhales a little bit, ordinary people will sleep for ten days. Even powerful Spirit Masters who thoughtlessly get affected will be forced to slow down. The greatest feature of these is the higher the user's spirit power, the more powerful it is.
- A hidden weapon that can be attached to an arm and hidden under a sleeve. It only requires using a switch and three darts inside will shoot according to your control. It can fire one dart, and also can fire all three at once. Because the noise of launching is very small, it’s not easy for the opponent to detect. Each dart is made of steel and is three cun long. The range of the weapon is between 15-30 meters, if it was made by Tang San.
- It is a medium sized crossbow. Shot with back muscle control, it only has one shot. But because the crossbow bolt is big, mechanism’s elastic force excessive, the destructive force among mechanism type hidden weapons is very high. The crossbow bolt has a hollow interior, inside containing a little bit of Datura Snake venom. Once the bolt entered the enemy’s body, venom would immediately inject.
- A useful tool, allowing a person to be able to repel up trees and cliffs as well as swing from one tree to another. It can also be used to capture a person and animal and pull it towards the user.
- The Powder Shooting Shadow can shoot a total of 36 steel needles coated in paralysing poison three times, each time accompanied by a confusion type poison mist, before needing to reload. The toxin will take effect as soon as they have pierced the skin. The needles can pierce through 4cm of pure steel.
- Godly Zhuge Crossbow is about 1 feet long. It resembles a black box. In the entire box there are forty-eight arrows. It releases sixteen bolts at a time, so it can be fired three times, but every time it requires reattachment of the elastics. It is one of the strongest Hidden Weapons. If the mechanism is kept loaded for a long time, it would harm the crossbow’s body.
Dragon Bread Needles are formed from hair gold, found in hair crystals and plate crystals, and infusing spirit power. Hair gold is extremely durable, and has astonishing flexibility, if leaving spirit power support, it will curl up on its own, forming a small grain. If shot into a human body, it is impossible to find it and extract the source. If they want to take it out, then, one can only cut apart the entire chunk of curled up muscle and flesh together. This is only if they do not know the method to taking it out. The range of the weapon depends on the person's internal strength.
Penetrating Bone Nail (透骨钉)
Among small scale hidden weapons, Penetrating Bone Nails' weight was considered a heavy kind. Adding internal strength can increase the Penetrating Bone Nail’s penetrating properties.
Willow Leaf Knife (柳叶刀)
A small scale hidden weapon.
Flying Locust Rock (飞蝗石)
A small scale hidden weapon.
Gold Coin Dart (金钱镖)
A small scale hidden weapon.
Refined Iron Needle
Armor Breaking Needle
- This is a kind of needle. Slender in the front but thick from the back , with very light weight. They are able to reach great distances, with powerful penetration.
Hidden Weapons (Skill Use)
The characteristic of skill use hidden weapons was to turn the complex into simplicity, giving the plainest and unadorned attacks the most potent effects.
Guanyin's Tear (#1)
- Guanyin's Tear is the 1st ranked among Tang Sect's hidden weapon techniques. In order to use Guanyin's Tear, the user has to cultivate Mysterious Jade Hand, Controlling Crane Catching Dragon, and Ghost Shadow Perplexing Track to the peak. Also, the Mysterious Heaven Skill should reach the highest level, Three Flowers Peak Converging State. The user uses Mysterious Jade Hand to draw a drop of pure water out of his own blood, condenses all energy of the body and soul into it, then shoots it at the enemy. It is able to pierce through the heart of a rank 100 God level spirit master's heart, followed with an explosion afterward. Its might can be further increased if the user adds more divine power.
Bodhi Blood (#2)
- Bodhi Blood is the 2nd ranked among Tang Sect's hidden weapons techniques. It uses compressed blood infused with spirit power. The blood will then explode violently upon contact. Bodhi Blood's piercing ability is less than Guanyin's Tear but it has more attack damage.
Yama's Invitation (#3)
- "When Yama calls for your death at midnight, who dares keep you until morning?" - Tang San upon killing Shi Nian.
- Refined from 49 different precious herbs near the Ice and Fire Yin Yang Well and condensed into poisonous needles, Yama’s Invitation had a two-tiered effect, also known as ‘one invitation kills twice’. Once it makes contact with the body, the poison would disintegrate and spread through the veins and simultaneously follow the blood vessels to enter the heart. Its poison is also indissoluble. Even if one cut off the limb, the moment the poison entered the body, they would still be unable to prevent the poison’s instantaneous spreading. It causes no pain and spreads too fast for any antidotes to counter. Once the victim discovers something wrong, it was already time for them to die. The victim's entire body will evaporate from the potent poison, leaving nothing but a small puddle of black liquid.
One Thousand And One Nights (#4)
- One Thousand And One Nights is the 4th ranked among Tang Sect's hidden weapons techniques. The techniques allow the deployment of thousand and one hidden weapons within a matter of seconds with extreme precision. When executing this One Thousand And One Nights hidden weapon technique, the user must first use the Mysterious Heaven Technique to jolt his innards and raise his Spirit Power by threefold. Also, the Mysterious Heaven Technique has to be above the sixth level in order to use this technique. After using this technique, the user will be weakened for three days before he recovers.
Phoenix Guides Nine Chicks (#9)
- The 9th ranked of Tang Sect's hidden weapons techniques where nine thin as willow leaf arcing flying knives are thrown giving the appearance of nine phoenixes flapping their wings and crying, swaying in the air.
Batwing Rebound (#10)
- The 10th ranked of Tang Sect’s hidden weapons techniques. It is usable with any hidden weapon and is capable of shooting at most 36 hidden weapons simultaneously.
Soul Land I
- Tang San - Founder & Sect Master
- Ma Hongjun - Vice Sect Master & Hall Master
- Oscar - Vice Sect Master & Person In Charge (Logistics)
- Ning Rongrong - Vice Sect Master & Person In Charge (Financial Affairs)
- Dugu Bo - Elder
- Tai Tan - Hall Master & Chief Elder
- Niu Gao - Hall Master & Elder
- Bai He - Hall Master & Elder
- Yang Wudi - Hall Master & Elder
- Lou Gao - Elder
- Xiao Wu
- Bai Chenxiang
- Niu Ben
- Tai Nuo
- Tai Long
- Tai Xing
- Tang sect’s teachings regarding courtesy were extremely severe.
- Douluo Dalu Episode 182