|“||‘We are all Tang Sect. We are born to be peerless’.||”|
—Tang Sect Motto
Tang Sect was an organization that specialized in assassinations using Hidden Weapons and poisons. In Soul Land 3 and 4, they did a variety of missions from scouting to battling, as well as designing and developing soul devices, weapons, and vehicles.
Original Tang Sect Edit
The original Tang Sect is present in the world from Tang San's past life at Hell's Peak. It is divided into the Inner Sect and the Outer Sect. The Inner Sect members are able to learn all of the secrets of Tang Sect, which has existed for centuries and has centuries of knowledge accumulated.
Tang Sect has many secrets and techniques. Their Hidden Weapons are designed and constructed in a way that no outsider can mimic. Even a Tang Sect disciple must learn them arduously for several years before becoming proficient in their use.
Soul Land 1: Description Edit
The Tang Sect contains areas of great importance:
- Sect Manor
- Martial Hall
- Strength Hall
- Defense Hall
- Medicine Hall
- Speed Hall
Soul Land 2: Description Edit
In the beginning, Tang Sect was a shadow of its former glory. It only consisted of two members, Tang Ya , and Bei Bei, until Dai Yuhao joined them. Later on, after Yuhao returned to Shrek Academy from the Sun-Moon Empire, Bei Bei and Yuhao began rebuilding Tang Sect. The first step they took was to invite a teacher from the Soul Guidance Hall of the Sun-Moon Empire, who was monitoring Yuhao in the student-exchange program. Second, they started producing Soul Guidance Tools as weapons. Third, they sold the weapons to Shrek City's defense department, Star Luo Empire, Heaven Dou Empire, and Dou Ling Empire. Fourth and finally, they established the Tang Sect's army legion.
Soul Land 3: Description Edit
Tang Sect has become a gigantic organization with lots of members, and is in the business of selling soul devices.
- In the Douluo Continent, they are a secretive organization, disguising their branches in every city as a normal building. They have a hidden headquarters in Heaven Dou City and an open one in Shrek City.
- In the Star Luo Continent, they are an open organization, respected by everyone. They sell soul devices to the Star Luo government, and the royal family.
- In the Dou Ling Continent, they sell soul devices to the government.
Douluo Palace is the core of Tang Sect, where all administrative power is concentrated. In order to join Tang Sect, a current member must recommend the person to join. The only obligation a Tang Sect member must have is to abide by the rules.
"If you want to increase your position in the Tang Sect, you will have to contribute to the sect. For example, you can complete missions in order to earn some contribution points, which you can then exchange in the sect for many different items that you can’t obtain anywhere else. You may also use them to increase your contribution level in the sect." - Wu Zhangkong
Rules: Be a good person who cherishes the Tang Sect Edit
- Be filial to the sect and to your teachers. It means to not join any other sect and organization.
- Do not commit rape or robbery.
- Do not divulge the secrets of the sect.
- It is the duty of everyone in Tang Sect to uphold virtue and condemn evil.
- Do not deceive others.
- Other rules
Hall of Heroes Edit
The Hall of Heroes is an entry test to the Tang Sect. Those who take the test will have a simulated battle against a famous, deceased or no longer in this world, Tang Sect disciple.
Outer Hall Edit
The Outer Hall is made up of three subdivisions: Power Hall, Agility Hall, and Defense Hall. The Outer Hall takes care of external affairs related to Tang Sect's corporate operations.
Agility Hall Edit
The spirit masters in this hall are likely all agility system spirit masters. Their specialty is espionage.
Defense Hall Edit
The spirit masters in this hall are likely all defense system spirit masters. The members do odd jobs.
Power Hall Edit
The spirit masters in this hall are likely all assault system spirit masters.
Inner Hall Edit
The Inner Hall is made up of three subdivisions: Enforcement Hall, Battle Hall, and Holy Hall. The Inner Hall takes care of the sect's internal affairs.
Enforcement Hall Edit
Members of the enforcement hall dealt with upholding the sect’s rules and punishing rule-breakers.
Holy Hall Edit
All members are exceptionally powerful soul masters on the level of a three-word battle armor master or higher.
Battle Hall Edit
The Battle Hall is the very core of the Tang Sect. At the same time, it is also the hall that bears the greatest responsibility, taking on the most important and dangerous missions. The Battle Hall takes care of certain matters in the shadows. One of their biggest enemies is evil soul masters. The members of the Battle Hall don’t follow the same ranking system as the rest of the sect. The members of the Battle Hall are called agents.
There are four classes of agents:
- White - all recruits start at this class
- Yellow - must have completed 10 missions, and become a one-word battle armor master
- Purple - must have completed [unknown] missions, and become a two-word battle armor master
- Black - must have completed [unknown] missions, and become a three-word battle armor master
There are currently about two hundred agents. All agents receive a monthly salary of contribution points. All members are required to complete at least 3 missions a year. For members who also happen to be students, only one mission a year is required. Every agent will be rewarded for completing those missions as well. Furthermore, Battle Hall agents enjoy certain privileges other sect members don’t.
Each agent is provided a badge according to their class. It can be used to call for backup anywhere when need. Any agents within a 100-kilometer radius will rush to the site to help. The higher-ranking members of the Tang Sect will be alerted as well. If an agent receives a call, they are expected to rush over to help right away.
Soul Land 4: Description Edit
The most superior position in Tang Sect is the Sect Master. The Sect Master holds a great deal of power in the Tang Sect.
In Tang Sect, the Procedure Hall is where all discussion and decisions are made. It's made up of ten people. The people in Procedure Hall are the Sect Master, Vice Sect Master, Chief Elder, Elders, and Hall Masters.
They discuss and make all major decisions in the sect through voting. Each person in the Procedure Hall has one vote each. However, the Sect Master possesses a veto power, and an extra vote.
Soul land 1: Edit
- Sect Master
Vice Sect Masters
Soul land 2: Edit
- Sect Master
Vice Sect Master
Soul land 3: Edit
- Sect Master
- Palace Lord
- General Manager
- Branch Masters: Outer Halls and Inner Halls
- Managers: Probationary Manager, Outer Hall Manager, and Inner Hall Manager
- Associate rank: 1-9
Tang Sect Techniques Edit
Mysterious Heaven Skill Edit
This is a method for training internal Qi. This allows a person to resist extreme pressure, poison and helps with recovering from injuries. It is also the foundation of all Tang Sect's techniques.
Big Protective Dipper Qi Edit
This is a skill that is manifested after breaking through the Sixth Tier of Mysterious Heaven Skill, which allows a person to manifest internal strength externally.
Purple Demon Eye Edit
The Purple Demon Eye is divided into 4 stages. It’s a method to cultivate the eyes’ strength while also increasing spiritual power. It can also be used to temporary confuse or stun an opponent.
- In the Survey realm, a person should be able to substantially improve vision power and clearly grasp detail.
- The Detailed realm improves the vision even further and grants a mental state where everything slows down, allowing someone to react in the shortest possible time.
- Also able to see Spirit Masters’ amount of spirit power, provided the spirit power of the target is lower than the user's own.
- Mustard Seed
- The 3rd stage, Mustard Seed enables a person to survey the surroundings, including noticing very minute details, such as the wings of a fly.
- The Mustard Seed realm allows a person to shock or confuse an enemy who is in a vulnerable state. It also allows someone to break through illusions.
- This realm also allows the user to attack the mental state of their opponent.
- The Boundless realm, rather than enhancing eyesight, unlocks the mind's eye instead, allowing a person to perceive their surroundings to extreme distances.
Mysterious Jade Hands Edit
Mysterious Jade Hand causes the palm of the hand to become extremely tough and tensile. Moreover, it can obstruct any poison. This changes the color and texture of the skin to that of milky green jade, hence the name.
Controlling Crane Catching Dragon Edit
It is a method of improving a person's coordination and strength. It is also an extraordinarily potent grappling technique which has diabolical muscle splitting bone displacing techniques. This technique, when combined with spirit power, can also manipulate objects at a distance.
Ghost Shadow Perplexing Track Edit
This is a foot and balance technique which allows a person to move with extreme speed and traverse difficult terrains, as well as dodge attacks fast enough to leave behind after images.
Lightness Skill Edit
This ability is more of a technique which allows a person to run on water and walls and jump across buildings.
Hidden Weapon Hundred Separation Edit
Weapon technique for controlling and using different kinds of weapons efficiently, secretly dexterously and precisely. By SL3, the technique has already fused with the development of soul device technology and is incorporated into the Tang Sect’s unique battle armors.
Swallows Parting Flight Edit
This is a Hidden Weapon Hundred Separation technique which allows the change of trajectory of thrown weapons in mid-air.
Four Liang Deflecting A Thousand Jin Edit
This is an ability that is used to deflect any oncoming weapon, creating openings to retaliate.
Sound location tracking Edit
A skill in part of the path of learning hidden weapons effectively. Uses sound and vibration to detect and attack with hidden weapons.
Hidden Weapons (Mechanical) Edit
The feature of peak mechanical hidden weapons was to let someone of a lower spirit rank, or even no spirit power at all, exterminate stronger powers. Depending on which weapon is used, it can kill a spirit master of almost any rank.
- Buddha's Fury Tang Lotus (#1)
The 1st ranked among Tang Sect's mechanical hidden weapons. A speck of red light like a shooting star can be seen as the weapon is launched towards the enemy. A golden red tornado forms upon explosion, enveloping all enemies in the area, tearing them to shreds. Able to kill rank 70 Spirit Sages in their spirit avatar form.
- Torrential Pear Blossom Needle (#2)
The 2nd ranked mechanical hidden weapon of Tang Sect. The famous master blacksmith Lou Gao sacrificed his life by throwing himself into the fire during the smithing process, using human blood to invoke the spirit of the Deep Sea Sunken Silver, and thus perfecting this weapon.
- Peacock Plume (#3)
The 3rd ranked among Tang Sect's mechanical hidden weapons. When this hidden weapon is fired, it's like a peacock spreading its tail, gloriously brilliant, but when the opponents are dazzled, 365 hidden weapons will be fired covering an area of several dozen square meters.
- Cluster Soul Chasing Ball (#5)
Thrown in pairs. Once the two balls collide, they will immediately emit several hundred Bone Changing Soul Needles, especially for breaking big dipper defensive qi. It has a potent anesthetic effect, and as long as someone inhales a little bit, ordinary people will sleep for ten days. Even powerful Spirit Masters who thoughtlessly get affected with be forced to slow down. The greatest feature of these is the higher the user's spirit power, the more powerful it is.
- Silent Sleeve Dart
- Dragon Beard Needle
- Bone Piercing Needle
- Tense Back Flower Adornment Crossbow
- Flying God Claw
- Powder Shooting Shadow
- Godly Zhuge Crossbow
- Refined Iron Needle
- Armor Breaking Needle
- Overload Needle
Hidden Weapons (Skill Use) Edit
The characteristic of skill use hidden weapons was to turn the complex into simplicity, giving the plainest and unadorned attacks the most potent effects.
Guanyin's Tear (#1)
- Guanyin's Tear is the 1st ranked among Tang Sect's hidden weapon techniques. In order to use Guanyin's Tear, the user has to cultivate Mysterious Jade Hand, Controlling Crane Catching Dragon, and Ghost Shadow Perplexing Track to the peak. Also, the Mysterious Heaven Skill should reach the highest level, Three Flowers Peak Converging State. The user uses Mysterious Jade Hand to draw a drop of pure water out of his own blood, condenses all energy of the body and soul into it, then shoots it at the enemy. It is able to pierce through the heart of a rank 100 God level spirit master's heart, followed with an explosion afterward. Its might can be further increased if the user adds more divine power.
Bodhi Blood (#2)
- Bodhi Blood is the 2nd ranked among Tang Sect's hidden weapons techniques. It uses compressed blood infused with spirit power. The blood will then explode violently upon contact. Bodhi Blood's piercing ability is less than Guanyin's Tear but it has more attack damage.
Yama's Invitation (#3)
- "When Yama calls for your death at midnight, who dares keep you until morning?" - Tang San upon killing Shi Nian.
- Refined from 49 different precious herbs near the Ice and Fire Yin Yang Well and condensed into poisonous needles, Yama’s Invitation had a two-tiered effect, also known as ‘one invitation kills twice’. Once it makes contact with the body, the poison would disintegrate and spread through the veins and simultaneously follow the blood vessels to enter the heart. Its poison is also indissoluble. Even if one cut off the limb, the moment the poison entered the body, they would still be unable to prevent the poison’s instantaneous spreading. It causes no pain and spreads too fast for any antidotes to counter. Once the victim discovers something wrong, it was already time for them to die. The victim's entire body will evaporate from the potent poison, leaving nothing but a small puddle of black liquid.
One Thousand And One Nights (#4)
- One Thousand And One Nights is the 4th ranked among Tang Sect's hidden weapons techniques. The techniques allow the deployment of thousand and one hidden weapons within a matter of seconds with extreme precision. When executing this One Thousand And One Nights hidden weapon technique, the user must first use the Mysterious Heaven Technique to jolt his innards and raise his Spirit Power by threefold. Also, the Mysterious Heaven Technique has to be above the sixth level in order to use this technique. After using this technique, the user will be weakened for three days before he recovers.
Phoenix Guides Nine Chicks (#9)
- The 9th ranked of Tang Sect's hidden weapons techniques where nine thin as willow leaf arcing flying knives are thrown giving the appearance of nine phoenixes flapping their wings and crying, swaying in the air.
Batwing Rebound (#10)
- The 10th ranked of Tang Sect’s hidden weapons techniques. It is usable with any hidden weapon and is capable of shooting at most 36 hidden weapons simultaneously.
Soul Land I Edit
- Tang San - Founder & Sect Master
- Ma Hongjun - Vice Sect Master & Hall Master
- Oscar - Vice Sect Master & Person In Charge (Logistics)
- Ning Rongrong - Vice Sect Master & Person In Charge (Financial Affairs)
- Dugu Bo - Elder
- Tai Tan - Hall Master & Chief Elder
- Niu Gao - Hall Master & Elder
- Bai He - Hall Master & Elder
- Yang Wudi - Hall Master & Elder
- Lou Gao - Elder
- Xiao Wu
- Bai Chenxiang
- Niu Ben
- Tai Nuo
- Tai Long
- Tai Xing
Soul Land II Edit
- Tang Ya - Sect Master
- Huo Yuhao
- Wang Dong
- Xiao Xiao
- He Caitou
- Xu Sanshi
- Jiang Nannan
- Ji Juechen
- Jing Ziyan
- Xuan Ziwen
- Mo Xuan
- Nan Qiuqiu
- Gao Dalou
- Ye Guyi
Soul Land III Edit
- Tang Wulin - The Sect Master
- Cao Dezhi - Former Sect Master
- Zang Xin - Vice Sect Master
- Xie Xie
- Xu Xiaoyan
- Ye Xinglan
- Xu Lizhi
- Wuzhang Kong
- Guo Xiaoxu - Battle Hall General Manager (Shrek Branch)
- Liang Xiaoyu - Speed Hall Master
Soul Land IV